7

drink up, sonny-boy!

You say you wander your own land
But when I think about it
I don't see how you can

You're aching, you're breaking
And I can see the pain in your eyes
It's as everybody's changing
And I don't know why.


- Keane "Everybody's changing" ("Hopes and Fears" 2004)


I think it is about time I'm realizing that purchasing and consuming alcohol is always going to be a waste in my case. Not just because it rhymes, but because it's true. Because quite honestly, I'm starting to (finally) get that this is something which is not going to change.

What happens is that I go out, drink, drink more, get tired, can't be bothered with anything or anyone - just want to sleep, go home, tidy my things, iron my clothes and other crazy responsible things (-like blogging!) I hardly ever do when sober. Then I fall asleep. If I haven't already.

That's how far it gets me really, I get tired - I clean something, and I fall asleep. The statistics are pretty clear on this point. And to be honest, I don't know just what to do about it. I could always stop drinking all together! After all, the muslims can do it!

Maybe drink a lot of battery, burn, coffee and Redbull. Maybe.

7 Comments!:

Audun said...

I agree.

I usually just get tired when I drink, and then I want to go home and smurf the internets :(

Or zleep.

Smylexx said...

I generally just hug everyone and tell them that they are all 'myyyy beshht friends everererer...hic!'.

Tora said...

Well it's not that I get unsocial, I love talking to people - and no exception when I've been drinking. But I just get tired! Like, TIRED!

Audun said...

Like neatly folding Josh's sweater for no specific reason?

(Although I'm sure he appreciated it:)

Calu said...

I Slowed down on drinking lately for several reasons, but mainly because its an expensive habit that only, for me anyway, ends in me getting worked up. So now I try to either only drink soft drinks when out, or finer beers that i fully enjoy.

Tora said...

the sweater needed folding.

i don't see why this is an issue!




:D

Audun said...

Of course it did, of course it did.

If you get a job at a laundry, you'll have a perfectly valid excuse for showing up to work drunk.

"You see, that's how I play ball ma'am. I don't do no folding when I'm sober ma'am."

Back to Top