10

how to pick up a teabag


I am not a brit, and I am certainly no expert at drinking tea - so lets say I fail at both.
When using the word "teabag" in this blog post, I am referring to the tea leaves in a filter bag which you keep in warm water to give it flavour. I know what your nasty brain is thinking, you see, which is why I am telling you this.

This morning I was unusually unpresent on planet earth, I started with making up another bizarre excuse to why the alarm was going off, and why that meant it didn't mean that I was supposed to get up. It usually starts out like this:
' That is not my alarm, that is the special alarm to ring in the cattle, the very happy cattle, go go cattle, go eat some fresh hay.. Go have a nice morni...zzzZZZZzZz'

By the time I woke up it was five to seven in the morning, and I ran down to have a shower with my socks on, but luckily awakened a bit before I did.

While making my tea I started thinking about how to make it the "right" way. Not to play a citar and wear a straw hat while carefully pinning my eyelids to my ears - which is the chinese way -. But I am thinking of the British way of making tea.

Also whenever I want a yellow mentos, I get a pink one, whenever I want a pink, I get an orange, and whenever I want an orange... I don't really want the orange ones.

10 Comments!:

Andytgeezer said...

I usually grab a corner and squeeze it with my fiingers.

But everyone says I make crap tea.

Foss said...

Boil kettle.
Stick teabag in mug.
Add sugar if needed.
Once the water is boiled, leave it for a minute or two to cool before pouring it into the mug. Freshly boiled water can scald the tea, making it taste crappy.
Add milk to required strength.
Using the spoon, squeeze the teabag against the side of the mug if required.
Remove teabag with spoon.
Fling teabag across room. Let someone else clean it up.

Tora said...

I always squeeze the teabag with my fingers, but it hurts at times.

I liked the guide Foss :D

Audun said...

Foss should turn professional!

Smylexx said...

The proper English way to make tea is as follows:

Boil kettle while keeping one hand over your heart and sing the national anthem. Loudly.

add two-three teabags into a teapot while letting just a few tears fall to the floor as you remember the Queen Mother's lovely smile.

WARM THE TEAPOT! This is not an option.

carefully add boiling water (taking extra care as to not burn your delicate little fingers)

Leave to stand for around two minutes. You can take this opportunity to hang the Union Flag above your bedroom door or sing Candle in the Wind by Elton John.

Serve into china teacup (this will do until we have an English Teacup)

add sugar or lemon for taste

add cream if preferred.

Only perverts have it with lemon though..no, really.

mini-Andy said...

Posted on behalf of maxi-Andy by the little mini-Man

"I have it with lemon. Does that make me a pervert? I'm rather proud of that. You learn a new thing every day!"

Obviously I'm not a pervert. I can't drink tea it would make me all soggy.

mini-Andy

Andytgeezer said...

Is it normal for tea to fizz when you put water in it? I don't think it is, but mine just did.

Mind you I might have put acid in it, which I guess is one of the hazards of being a science teacher.

Bugger.

I'll tell you in a minute...

mini-Andy said...

erm ok...

You're an ambulance...?

Andytgeezer said...

mini-Andy this is neither the time nor the place for that sort of crap joke.

Tora said...

X)

Back to Top