3

Pappa & Pestus

Dad & Pestus

Pappa & Pestus is a Norwegian cartoon written by Eirik Ildahl and Terje Nordberg, illustrated by Arild Midthun.
Midthun happens to be a childhood friend of my stepdad, which years ago inspired Arild to use me (!) as the basic idea around one of the main characters in the cartoon, Rosmarie.

Rosmarie is the brainy, know-it-all daughter of a rather clumsy and dumb single-parent dad ("pappa"), that lives together with a self-sentered, ego rat called Pestus. After a few episodes Pestus falls in love with a hamster and goes under the knife to get his looks changed - but turns out to look like a cat! (The hamster dies from fright, later the same issue).

The first issue of "Pappa & Pestus" was released in 1996, when I was roughly 6 or 7 years old, as guest-caartoon in the Norwegian editions of "Ernie". Quite honestly I have to admit there's a certain physical likeness between me and "Rosmarie". Not as much anyomore, but it is, undoubtfully - a little bit of the 6 year old me in there somewhere.

Just thought it'd be fun to mention!


Rosmarie: "Dad! Don't you know spiders are lucky animals?!"
Pappa: "Why do people sweep 'em out of the house then?"
Rosmarie: "Mostly out of envy, I think"



Pappa: "To walk is the best form of exercise there is!"
Pappa: "I have decided to walk as much as I can!"
Pappa: "I shall walk every day. Miles!"
Rosmarie: "We can't afford the car anymore?"
Pestus: "How did you know?"


To read more, go Here

3 Comments!:

Smylexx said...

wait a second, you have a six year old "in you"???

Is that legal?

Tora said...

No no, the cartoon has a six year old inside it!

Is the water making the screen blurry again?

Smylexx said...

Ohhhh... Sorry, I had some seaweed in my eye.

Back to Top