7

Hello world!


I am not so sure you are still here, but - I thought I'd stop by anyway because I haven't been here in such a long time!

You may already have figured that I totally failed NaNoWriMo this year, as so many times before. Admittedly, it was a little worse this time around. I only got about 1/5 of the way. But you know, I think if I could choose the most hopeless month to decide to write a novel it would probably be November - or December, obviously. Because of all the Christmas-business. November pretty much wraps up the semester, and we just got one thing on top of the other and then I happened to have three concert tickets (to Phoenix, Prodigy and Kings of Convenience, respectively) and family birthdays and father's day and long hours of sale at work. It's all excuses. It's different to have the time and take the time - we all know that. But I have to admit that NaNoWriMo didn't catch me as much this year, I was to busy to give my brain room to think of any good plots. What I managed to get down was mostly random situations and dialogues that lacked much sense.

I've been real occupied with all the deliverables, especially writing that damn script, oh, and sculpting a level using the Gears of War editor. What a software nightmare! Well, right now I am stuck with writing a fictional DLC (DownLoadable Content) for Fallout 3. And because I haven't played any of the Fallout games, it is proving real hard. I dream of this assignment in the night, it's awful.

It would've been better if we had more time, but unfortunately, we don't! But it's coming along, if I wasn't working Friday through Tuesday I would have three more days (like everyone else) but I only have today to make sure everything is done. Really it is quite alright, I could think of more dreadful ways to spend my Thursday. And I'm pleased to confront a challenge!

You might (like me) be quite unfamiliar with the setting of the Fallout games, but the little I have discovered wasn't that impressive, to be honest. Oh, except the soundtrack! Man! Packed with calm, jazzy classics of the 1940's. Awesome! Well, right, as a helper along the way, and to get into the mood of the setting - I've been listening a lot to Billie Holiday! God bless she's available on Spotify. It's centering my chi alright, really warm and soothing - just what we need this time of year! I need to like SOME part of Fallout, as the post-apocalyptic, nuclear holocaust is the opposite of appealing to me.

Typical of me to decide to come back and dump another load of garbage into the blogosphere when I definitely don't have the time to. Haha! Yeah, and I need to learn to do things even though I don't want to. It's a hopeless attribute.

Oh, and here's my map of my DLC! Quite plain, but all the action happens in that underwater dome in the middle of the bay. It's a fallout shelter containing an entire city!

7 Comments!:

Audun said...

I really fell in love with "A Kiss to Build a Dream On" because of the Fallout 2 intro.

Hi, how are you?

Tora said...

Oooh, I'm gonna watch that when I get home from work!

And I'm fab!

How are you?

Audun said...

I'm all good! Done with the two tougher exams, got my ExFail exam tomorrow, which I'd like to pass so that I won't have to bother with that utter piece of shit ever again.

And I just watched some footage from the Age of Conan expansion, and it reinforces my impression of Norwegian gaming industry as "Great artists, shit salesmen".
I'm expecting you to do something about that. Not that you're very good at anything at all, but you're all we've got. So get educated, square your shoulders and start selling things.

(And for goodness' sake, put some clothes on.)

Happy holidays! Tell Aristoteles I said hi! Actually, don't say that, say "Fuck you Aristoteles, fuck you in the fucking face. Or is that job already taken by your boy students?".

Tora said...

That comment was all kinds of wrong!

Hope you did well on your exams :)

And the gaming industry are in for a treat... or a curse. We'll see!

Siggen said...

Haha Audun!

singapore is still great by the way - the rainy season brings with it afternoon showers, but the rest of the time it's like a hot summer's day in italy here:)

weeeeeeee!!

Audun said...

Ah, Sigrid, you turn the topic of the discussion over to you with such subtle elegance. Quite impressive, considering it's the first time and everything.

How nice of you to like Singapore, but isn't slightly disappointing to cross the globe only to end up in Italy? You could have gone straight there and saved time and money.

Tora said...

Considering she has a job in Singapore, her current global position actually earns her money. AND it's like Italy.

That's a bonus!

Back to Top