0

Bla bla bla

In Norwegian we can say "to talk with" and "to talk to", which is nice because these are two completely different things I think. Dialogue and monologue. And I love to talk with people. And talking, I like a lot in general. And sometimes, to such an extent that I talk to them, because I've got so much to say while they don't. And I hate it when it happens, it is just that most of the time I don't even notice it! And it's been like that for as long as I can remember, probably since I learned to speak. I talk all the time I do, even in my sleep. If someone can talk a hole in your head, it is probably me.

But all this talking doesn't make me happy unless I have someone to talk with, - and talking to myself doesn't really cut it. Nothing makes my heart swell like a good conversation, swell like a rum soaked raisin, until plump and sweet. It's true. So if I get the chance, I'd rather hear you talk than doing something else.

I know a lot of people who need to be warmed up before they can start talking. Some of the shy ones just wont shut up if you just get them started. While some are like me, the most outgoing that talks to strangers and pretty much everyone, but becomes a clam* once truly comfortable with someone.

But it doesn't surprise me that a lot of people get scared when I go quiet. I probably would, too. It would be like a frenzying cat suddenly going limp. Those who know me well know that I like to be quiet and enjoy silence, look at the weather through the glass and maybe count the leaves. So I guess this post doesn't make much sense in a way. My voice has two gears-- park, or drive - doing 120 in the wrong direction with a smile.

* Clams are nice, they only open their mouth to eat.

Do you talk to strangers? Did something funny ever happen when you did?

0 Comments!:

Back to Top