14

Inside out the outside in

I think it is a problem how strangers' looks never reflect their personality. Like whenever you meet a really beautiful girl - and you're thinking "Wow! She looks amazing!" and you start chatting her up, but turns out she is totally not confident about making jokes. Game over!

Because I believe to have perceived a certain link between people that can be physically confident, while at the same time not having the self esteem to mock themselves. When I say someone is physically confident I mean that their good looks probably have provided them with admiration and likely also a high social status in their network. BUT, and there is quite a big but here, - surviving on looks does not secure this character's social position. They can be made to believe that they have to take themselves seriously to be admired, and that is the immediate moment when they go from stunningly sexy to boring, insecure and uninteresting.

And it is so typical, because all the quirky, fun people I know I think of as beautiful. Seeing as I know them, their outsides are reflections of their insides (not saying the quirky people I know are ugly unless you know them XD). But they are nourishing to any situation. And you always end up chatting up the most likely attractive person - which time has shown; is also the most dull.

14 Comments!:

Foss said...

I think you're wrong to say their looks never reflect their personality. I know a few people who are both stunningly attractive and awesome fun to be with. But I think you're right for a majority of people, certainly.

And then, there's me.

Audun said...

A teenage girl claiming she thinks of beauty as something coming from the inside, and clumsily falling into the "but that doesn't mean you're ugly if one doesn't know you" quagmire?

See, you're sounding a lot like a boy again :)

Tora said...

YOU are a teenage girl.

fu

Audun said...

Yes, yes I am.

Tink said...

I agree Tora. If I was to chat up a girl, I wouldn't look for the most beautiful girl there, I'd take the one who laughed the most, or wore the coolest shoes or something like that.

Balan, Ya man!

Foss said...

Laughter makes people beautiful, so if you were chatting up the one that was laughing most, you'd probably be chatting up the most beautiful one aswell.

Unless they laugh like a horse.

Tora said...

or laughed with their nose

Foss said...

Or laughed with their ears. That would just be weird.

Audun said...

Or laughed with no top on. That would be a sexy laughter.

Tora said...

topless laughter. I thought those only ocurred in dreams.

Laughing can be quite weird in general, if you ask me

Audun said...

Yes but who's asking you?

Tora said...

Who asked you?

I think you need to calm down a notch! You are so spiky!

Audun said...

Well, ok. I will calm down.
But you were asking for that one:)

Tora said...

Yeah, fair IS fair

Back to Top