2

New Books!

The Oslo Tiger on Jernbanetorget.

Yesterday I want completely crazy and bought some new books after school. I just went into the bookshop and started browsing really. And I had just been looking for shoes in a shop further down, so torn not to have found a single desirable shoe. And then there were all these stories just piled up, all the way to the ceiling I suppose - and it was so easy to find something that I went scurrying from shelf to shelf, from crime to poetry to fiction. Though I did end up with a pile of only the latter - the freedom of reaching out and finding something nice was delightful.

So (you might not call me crazy, but I thought I was) I bought five new books. Because I needed to. I had to, in fact, I bought new books for all the good reasons for buying books that exists! I bought books because I deserved to, because I need something to read on the bus to work, because I love to read, because all the books I have I have read at least once (if I didn't like it) and some I've read six times! And I bought books because I am hungry for them, I look at other people reading and I envy them, you know. I wish I could sit there and dwell into a different world too.

Only this Easter I read three books, of which one of them I read for the third time. So the time was right. I can justify my insanity! Anyway - if you're interested, here are the purchases.

"After Dark" by Haruki Murakami (in Norwegian), which I've already finished, by the way, it was a little strange, and it was an interesting journey.
"The Swallows of Kabul" by Yasmina Khadra - which was brutal and horrible, it was good, very sorrowful though.
"The End of Mr. Y" by Scarlett Thomas
"20 Fragments of a Ravenous Youth" by Xiaolu Guo, which I've read by now, too. It wasn't particularly ravenous, but it gave an interesting insight of Bejing and the Chinese.
and "A Fine Balance" by Rohinton Mistry (in Norwegian).

What can I say? I better hurry up and read before I have to start to revise for exams! How are you, anyway? Here I am... Babbling about books! Please, do tell! :)

2 Comments!:

Foss said...

I recently bought The Painted Man, and The Desert Spear by Peter V Brett. They are the first two in a series, but he hasn't written any more yet. I'm about to finish the first book, and can't wait to get started on the next. It is awesome.

Oh, and I'm fine thank you!

You?

Tora said...

Wonderful! I am very well, thank you! Just absorbing myself in these books like a brittle sponge. The best in life.

Back to Top