3

Band names

Here's something new and interesting.
"Peak Fitness Condition" and "My Tribe" by danish Spleen United
"Two Lovers" and "Wide Awake" by british The Twang

Their band names are so funny! I thought they didn't really make much sense, so I fished up the definitions, and I was right; don't make much sense:

The Spleen is an organ located in the abdomen of the human body, where it functions in the destruction of old red blood cells and holding a small reservoir of blood.

United [yoo-nahyt] u·nit·ed, u·nit·ing.
–verb (used with object)
to join, combine, or incorporate so as to form a single whole or unit. Past participle of unite.

Twang is another name for alt-country music.
Twang can also be used to describe a mild accent (for example a southern twang).
Twang is known in poetic terms as a piece of onomatopoeia (e.g., describing certain sounds, such as a guitar being plucked and make a "twang", or elastic bands being stretched and released to make a distinctive "twang").

Thank you Wikipedia and dictionarydotcom.
Actually I know many bands with strange names, snd there are tons of others too! Then I thought, why not try the Band Name Maker? I set the optional word as my own name, and here's what I got:

Tora Bean
Loveless Tora
Tora Of The Pissing
Proto Tora
Tora Accident
Tenth Tora Of The Battery-powered Civilian
Classic Tora
Consumed Tora And The Genetic Factory
Hiding Tora

I'm going to start a band and call it "Tora Accident", because it doesn't sound any cool at all.

3 Comments!:

Foss said...

I really like the name "Hiding Tora" :D

Tora said...

Yes, then I'd make a song called crouching dragon - and it'd be perfect!

Foss said...

Lawl, nubcake.

As far as band names go, though, I don't think it's possible to beat "Captain C*smic and the Daves".

Or "Leonard Cohen's Amazing Californian Shitting Turkey". I should copyright that one, fast.

Back to Top