4

At the dentist

She's wearing a hijab I notice, and it's one of the very first things I notice too. I don't know why that matters, all I know is that I wont get any hair in my mouth and that she's covering her hair to respect her God, a win - win.

However, even if I don't raise my brows at her, many others do. As a matter of fact, I am more interested in that the lamp which is lighting up my mouth is of a brand called "Delight" and that her nimble hands work strategically and accurately over my set of dubloons. She must've had top-grades to get here, and it provokes me that people are still so crude as to question her position. There is a lot of racism in Norway.

Just by crossing the border to Sweden you will find twice as many coloured (if I am allowed to use that word) - and that is one of the other problems. Well, not the Swedes (not all the time) but the fact that words and expressions that has to do with races are all taboo. Segregation in any form - no matter how innocent - is being moulded into an impression of always being fuelled by hate.

By declearing words and situations as ways of racism - it enhances the ridiculous "differences" between people. The cartoon-character Tintin, which has been around forever with his little yappy dog is now calling back and aborting all future printing of one of the older albums. This particular story is set at an island where the "black" natives are displayed as "dumber" and "below" the more "powerful" "white". All of this caused by some silly student from Belgium that reported it as a white-dominating propaganda.

How saddenly pointless, by calling forth this as discrimination the cleavage between our wonderfully mismatching tits is rapidly increasing. I, for example can't hit Marius 'with the cloak' without it being "hate-violence" seeing he's Korean. Meaning of all stupid things, that seeing his skin is different from mine -my aggressive behaviour is fuelled by his "difference" and my "prejudice".

Sooner of later we are going to have to face the fact that refugees and other people from different cultures that want to live in Norway shouldn't be expected to leave all their traditions behind when coming here. It is part of their identity - who they are! All I demand is that they learn Norwegian, just like I would learn Arabic or Sankrit or Greek or Mandarin if it was me. Other than that we don't have the right to require much more of them, and in particular - we can't force their religion and culture off them.

You can take a girl out of the trailerpark, but you can't take the trailerpark out of a girl.

4 Comments!:

Foss said...

We had a massive thing about it over here. Lawsuits to determine whether muslims are allowed to wear a hijab at school, and stuff like that. The world is a bad place. Luckily, I'm here to balance out the shitiness. I think I do a pretty good job.

Audun said...

"God gave CCatD to you"


I agree, teaching new citizens our language is crucial for them to function here.

And I agree that people should be allowed to have their own religion and culture.

But I also believe that it is our right to apply our nations' rules to newcomers.
I cannot accept to see ideals such as equality between the sexes, human rights and freedom of speech to be set aside, or to have exceptions made because these ideas are new to some people.

Examples: Forced marriages, honour-murders, violence against free-speaking muslims.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're on the other side of the fence, or that you're on the same side of the fence, or that you have any idea what fence I'm talking about. (The cast-iron one, down by the field).

Haff a naic dai

Smylexx said...

Everyone is equal.


Except gnomes, obviously.

Tora said...

hey, obviously.
Not exactly rocket-science.

Back to Top