What I am reading

I handed in my laptop for service today. Such a great shame. I feel kind of lost without it. Don't know what was wrong with it either, yesterday it just didn't want to start anymore. But they're taking a backup of all my files - luckily the problem was not in the harddrive. So we'll see what happens.

As previously stated I am currently reading that "Twilight" book, the first book in Stephenie Meyer's series. It is most good, it really is. It is pushing absolutely all the right buttons, so I feel like I am walking around in a woozy state of being in love all the time - while as I am in reality laptop-less, cold and mostly lonely. How pathetic. But what a delight I have that book though.

It is a simple recipe really, and if I want to I can easily see through the author's tricks. But why would I do that? I don't want to do that. That would be stupid of me. That's why I read books, to escape from my quite uneventful reality. Whatever happened to the Mr. Tall, Dark and Handsome that I ordered to come along and whisk me off my feet? Stuck in traffic?

On the other hand I am as usually being confronted with a main-character that shares many of the features with Becky Bloomwood in the "Shopaholic" book-series, Lena Kaligaris in "The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants" and other equally annoyingly female book characters. I have to admit that Bella Swan is better than some of them, but I am still frustrated by the cowardness of presenting yet another shy, self-conscious, but obviously-very beautiful-without-realizing character. She appears to be complex, but she really isn't. And that bothers me slightly. On the other hand- again - why should I question it? This little escape decent, but this is without a doubt still a kiosk novel with outstanding qualities ready to appeal to any semi-goth, or semi-geeky, or just plain regular teenage girl.

1 Comments!:

Foss said...

I'm reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. It is most awesome.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/God-Delusion-Richard-Dawkins/dp/055277331X/ref=sr_1_1

I don't really have anything to say about your book review, other than I'm glad you are enjoying the book. But I'm not glad that you feel lonely, or that your life seems uneventful at the moment.

Things will get better - it takes these quiet times to make us appreciate the busy periods even more, and when friends are away you grow to love them even more.

Of course you already know all this! :)

Good luck with your lahptahp!

Back to Top