6

Cleo! Darling!

A Rottweiller doesn't usually get old. Our dog is the best dog in the world. She has the shiniest fur and the most contageous smile, sometimes she wags her tail and sneezes at you. She's the one a home that is always happy to see you! Isn't that quite something?

She turned 10 on March 8th, I'm considering every day extra as a gift - borrowed time. While she doesn't seem old, or behave maturly at all, she probably hasn't got long. Cleo was at the doctor today, for surgery (again). It has been some time since last, but again they removed some kind of bump that I found when scratching her tummy (which she loves a lot). She's out of surgery now, still a little confused from the haze of drugs, but she's getting better. I bet she'll be her usual self by tonight - at least by tomorrow morning!

I can't believe how grateful I am for having "grown up" alongside such a beautiful person as Cleo. It seems surreal that she - like everyone - will be gone one day. But I'll remember her forever, and I wont start grieving until she's gone, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm thrilled and happy as long as she's still alive. Every day is a gift, that is why it is called the present.

6 Comments!:

Tempus said...

OO i love that saying, and i love that dog! Cleo is a fabolous dog. I hope she will be back to her cheese eating self soon. Say hi to her from me will you?

Tora said...

Of course! She's wuite alright already! A little slow perhaps, but still comes running for the cheese!

Tempus said...

Good to hear, miss that little killing machine(if you happen to be a cactus wearing your mean sombrero, beware!

Anonymous said...

God bedring fra kusine Soffi i Trondheim.
Og vet du hva Tora; du får meg til å sitte å grine her på kontoret på en mandagsmorgen. :)
Soffi blir 8 i september...
Tante Bister.

Tink said...

love teh pic! it's wicked, trippin

Jay said...

Check this Röyksopp-Video out: http://vimeo.com/3764833

It's pretty funny. Especially the end with the marching band :D

Back to Top